Whether at start-up or high-growth, SkyBox Capital arms new ventures with confidence and agility to realize their place and potential in the market.
Skybox Capital LLC is an entrepreneurial investment office based in Chicago, IL. The office invests opportunistically in all asset classes, including Private Equity Funds, Real Estate Funds, and direct deals in a variety of industries. The office also serves the tax, financial, administrative and personal interests of the founders and their related entities which include trusts, limited liability companies, and foundations.
The staff accountant reports directly to the Controller. This role is responsible for the daily operational and investment accounting including account reconciliations, accounts payable, and transaction reporting.
- Strong ownership mindset, holds self and others accountable for results
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, anticipates and acts before the need arises
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- BA degree required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and reporting. Experience with partnership and investment accounting a plus
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its functionality.
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience with Backstop Investment Management Solutions a plus
- Solid problem-solving skills and solution-focused perspective
- Own the transaction entry process into accounting & investment management software for a variety of asset types (private equity funds, hedge funds, operating companies, etc.)
- Assist Controller in maintaining the accuracy/integrity and completeness of financial data and non-financial records
- Responsible for the ongoing cash management including daily cash review, bank/broker reconciliations, check/wire review, weekly cash disbursement reports, and monthly cash sources & uses report
- Assist Controller in tax support and compliance with all entity filings and quarterly estimated payments for all partnerships, LLCs, trusts and individual returns